- Published Mar 21st
- Ready In1h 10m
Debbie’s Vegetable Lasagna Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Debbie’s Vegetable Lasagna for 8 servings:
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup light ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely shredded carrots
- 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Debbie’s Vegetable Lasagna Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 10m
To cook Debbie’s Vegetable Lasagna, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Debbie’s Vegetable Lasagna is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Debbie’s Vegetable Lasagna within 1 hour 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Debbie’s Vegetable Lasagna easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- 2 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 3 Melt margarine in a skillet over low heat; cook and stir flour, salt, and pepper into the melted margarine until smooth and bubbling, 2 to 3 minutes. Add milk and broth into flour mixture, stirring constantly; bring sauce to a boil. Stir wine into sauce and remove from heat. Stir Parmesan cheese into sauce until smooth.
- 4 Whisk ricotta cheese, egg, and egg white together in a bowl.
- 5 Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute carrots, zucchini, and spinach until just becoming tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir vegetable mixture into ricotta mixture.
- 6 Layer 1/3 the lasagna noodles, 1/3 the ricotta-vegetable mixture, and 1/3 the Parmesan sauce in a 9x13-inch baking dish; repeat layering 2 more times with remaining ingredients, ending with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- 7 Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is lightly browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Make this recipe ahead of time and store in refrigerator. Also, freezes well for a healthy instant dinner on a busy night!
Per Serving: 291 calories; 13.2 grams of fat; 30.4 grams of carbohydrates; 13.6 grams of protein; 39 milligrams of cholesterol; 482 milligrams of sodium.