The top layer makes these chocolate chip bar cookies extra yummy! These cookies are super easy to make.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Beat butter in a large bowl using an electric mixer until smooth. Add brown sugar and white sugar; mix until well blended. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- 3 Toss 2 cups plus 2 tablespoon flour, baking soda, and salt together using a fork in a small bowl. Add to the butter mixture in batches, mixing well after each addition. Fold in 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips. Spread batter into an ungreased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, about 25 minutes. Spread remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips on top. Return to the oven until chocolate chips are shiny, about 1 minute more. Remove from oven and spread melted chocolate over the top.
- Calories 371.2
- Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Fat 19.9 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Sodium 165.4 mg
- Sugar 34.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.