- Published Aug 6th
- Ready In25m
This is actually one of my daddy’s recipes. He’s a commercial fisherman, but he finds time to make this whenever the family is together. But don’t be fooled this simple recipe is one of the best out there.
Deep Fried Lobster Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Deep Fried Lobster for 8 servings:
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 pounds fresh lobster tails, cleaned and halved but still in shell
- 2 quarts oil for deep frying
Deep Fried Lobster Cooking Instructions
- Ready In25m
To cook Deep Fried Lobster, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Deep Fried Lobster is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Deep Fried Lobster within 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Deep Fried Lobster easily:
- 1 In a gallon sized plastic closeable bag combine, cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder. Shake well. Place one half of a lobster tail at a time in to the bag. Shake to coat the tails completely.
- 2 Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large skilled to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C). Place one coated lobster tail at a time into the oil. Cook until the lobster turns white and the coating is lightly browned. Let the fried tails dry on paper towels.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 543 calories; 28.6 grams of fat; 32.2 grams of carbohydrates; 38.7 grams of protein; 136 milligrams of cholesterol; 709 milligrams of sodium.