- Published Aug 6th
- Ready In25m
Deep Fried Lobster Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Deep Fried Lobster for 8 servings:
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 pounds fresh lobster tails, cleaned and halved but still in shell
- 2 quarts oil for deep frying
Deep Fried Lobster Cooking Instructions
- Ready In25m
To cook Deep Fried Lobster, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Deep Fried Lobster is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Deep Fried Lobster within 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Deep Fried Lobster easily:
- 1 In a gallon sized plastic closeable bag combine, cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder. Shake well. Place one half of a lobster tail at a time in to the bag. Shake to coat the tails completely.
- 2 Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large skilled to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C). Place one coated lobster tail at a time into the oil. Cook until the lobster turns white and the coating is lightly browned. Let the fried tails dry on paper towels.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 543 calories; 28.6 grams of fat; 32.2 grams of carbohydrates; 38.7 grams of protein; 136 milligrams of cholesterol; 709 milligrams of sodium.