Deep-fried oysters, Southern-style. This crisp and spicy coating is sure to please.
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 quart shucked oysters, drained
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 RInse oysters and soak in fresh water. Heat deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Combine cornmeal, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, black pepper and seasoned salt in a large plastic bag. Place oysters in bag and shake until well coated.
- 3 Cook oysters 3 or 4 at a time in hot oil. Oysters will float and be golden brown when done. Drain briefly and serve warm.
- Calories 480.5
- Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Fat 30.8 g
- Fiber 2.7 g
- Protein 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Sodium 1417.5 mg
- Sugar 1.9 g