- Published Sep 1st
- Ready In20m
Deep-Fried Zucchini Spirals Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Deep-Fried Zucchini Spirals for 2 servings:
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 zucchini, cut into spirals using a spiral slicer
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®), or to taste
Deep-Fried Zucchini Spirals Cooking Instructions
- Ready In20m
To cook Deep-Fried Zucchini Spirals, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Deep-Fried Zucchini Spirals is about 5 minutes , and you can serve your Deep-Fried Zucchini Spirals within 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Deep-Fried Zucchini Spirals easily:
- 1 Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Whisk egg and milk together in a bowl; pour into a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Whisk flour and cornstarch together in another bowl; pour into a separate gallon-size resealable plastic bag.
- 3 Place zucchini spirals into milk mixture, seal the bag, and turn to coat spirals completely. Transfer zucchini to flour mixture, seal the bag, and shake gently to coat completely. Remove spirals from flour mixture and shake gently to remove any excess flour.
- 4 Working in batches, cook zucchini spirals in the preheated oil until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer zucchini to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Sprinkle seafood season over cooked zucchini spirals.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 524 calories; 36.2 grams of fat; 42.6 grams of carbohydrates; 7.9 grams of protein; 94 milligrams of cholesterol; 322 milligrams of sodium.