I got this carne asada recipe from my friend’s mother in Phoenix. This recipe will marinate 5-6 pounds of meat and can be halved or doubled. Serve this with flour tortillas and salsa.
- 5 pounds beef skirt steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange, sliced
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag.
- 2 Combine water, orange slices, orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, lime slices, cilantro, oil, salt, garlic, white pepper, black pepper, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and cloves in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour marinade on top of the beef and seal the bag.
- 3 Marinate beef in the refrigerator, 2 hours to overnight.
- 4 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill beef over direct heat until firm and slightly pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C) for medium.
- Calories 179.1
- Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Fat 9.5 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Sodium 477.4 mg
- Sugar 2.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.