These are really delicious. Pastry-light and easy to make. Fun to make with kids. Great for parties, but make 5 times more than you think you’ll need because your family will eat the first 2 batches.
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Process Cheddar cheese, flour, butter, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, and salt in a food processor until large crumbs form; transfer to a bowl. Stir milk into the cheese mixture until it forms a ball of dough.
- 3 Roll dough out onto a lightly floured work surface to about 1/8-inch thick. Use a pizza cutter or thin knife to trim the edges of the dough to leave a large square with sides measuring 7 to 8 inches. Cut dough into 1/3-inch strips and arrange onto a baking sheet.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven until puffy, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over the warm cheese straws.
- Calories 250.1
- Carbohydrate 10 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Fat 20.5 g
- Fiber 0.3 g
- Protein 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Sodium 308.5 mg
- Sugar 0.3 g