- Published Jun 22nd
- Ready In2h 45m
Dragon Eggs Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Dragon Eggs for 6 servings:
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 tea bags
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup salsa
Dragon Eggs Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 45m
To cook Dragon Eggs, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Dragon Eggs is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Dragon Eggs within 2 hours 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Dragon Eggs easily:
- 1 Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain hot water and fill saucepan with cold water; allow eggs to sit until cooled, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain water. Gently tap or roll eggs on the counter so the shell is cracked but still intact.
- 2 Return eggs to saucepan and pour in enough water to cover eggs; add soy sauce, molasses, salt, and tea bags. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until eggs have absorbed color, about 30 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and leave eggs in water to cool to room temperature.
- 3 Peel eggs and trim bottom of each egg so it will stand upright. Cut each egg lengthwise and scoop yolks into a bowl. Mix mayonnaise, red bell pepper, salt, and pepper into egg yolks until evenly combined.
- 4 Spoon yolk mixture back into egg whites; smooth filling to be level with egg white. Put each egg back together.
- 5 Pour salsa onto a plate and assemble eggs upright into the salsa.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the soy sauce marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the soy sauce marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 197 calories; 14.8 grams of fat; 9.5 grams of carbohydrates; 7.8 grams of protein; 191 milligrams of cholesterol; 1777 milligrams of sodium.