- Published May 2nd
- Ready In1h 50m
Drupey Pie Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Drupey Pie for 8 servings:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 7 tablespoons ice water
- 2 cups pitted sour cherries
- 3 nectarines, pitted and chopped
- 3 fresh apricots, pitted and sliced
- 5/8 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 egg yolk
Drupey Pie Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 50m
To cook Drupey Pie, you need about 1 hour of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Drupey Pie is about 50 minutes , and you can serve your Drupey Pie within 1 hour 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Drupey Pie easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place cherries, nectarines and apricots into a colander to drain off any excess liquid.
- 2 To Make Dough: In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut 3/4 cup of butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Pour in one tablespoon of water at a time until the dough sticks together. Add additional water if necessary. Divide dough into two parts. Roll out one half toa circle 1/8 of an inch thick, then place in a 9 inch pie pan. Roll out the other half of the dough and cut into long strips about 1/2 inch wide. Set aside.
- 3 To Make Filling: Place the drained fruit mixture into a medium bowl, Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch and flour; pour into the prepared pie pan. Dot with the remaining two tablespoons of butter. Arrange the pastry strips into a lattice top and crimp edges. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and teaspoon of water, and use a pastry brush to coat just the lattice strips--not the edges.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, until the crust begins to brown. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool a bit before serving.
Per Serving: 423 calories; 22.3 grams of fat; 52.8 grams of carbohydrates; 5.1 grams of protein; 81 milligrams of cholesterol; 450 milligrams of sodium.