After trying a few recipes I developed my own version. I think it’s the best!
- 5 cups coarsely chopped mixed fruit (apples, plums, and pears)
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 Place fruit in a stock pot over medium high heat. Add water, apple juice, soy sauce, apricot preserves, brown sugar, garlic powder, and dry mustard. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently to dissolve brown sugar. Reduce heat, and continue simmering for 40 minutes, or until fruit is completely soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 2 Blend sauce in a food processor or blender until completely smooth, adjusting consistency with additional water, if desired. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Calories 224.3
- Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Fat 0.4 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 2.4 g
- Sodium 47.6 mg
- Sugar 17 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.