Chicken wings are baked in a spicy (cloves, garlic, bay leaves, and cayenne) tomato-based sauce. The accompanying rice is flavored with turmeric, cloves, almonds, and golden raisins.
- 3 ½ pounds chicken wings, tips on
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 (10.75 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups long grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Pour tomato sauce and soup into a large roasting pan. Stir in cloves, garlic, bay leaves, cayenne, and salt and pepper. Take the tip of each chicken wing and bend it back, securing it under the joint where thigh and drummette are joined. Place wings in pan, and spoon sauce over chicken.
- 3 Cover pan, and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and bake until sauce is thick, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 4 To prepare rice, combine rice, water, cloves, salt, turmeric, almonds, and raisins in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until rice is cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Calories 649.9
- Carbohydrate 89.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Fat 20.4 g
- Fiber 5.2 g
- Protein 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Sodium 2176.1 mg
- Sugar 21.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.