- Published May 22nd
- Ready In4h 45m
Easy and Delicious Slow Cooker Cassoulet Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Easy and Delicious Slow Cooker Cassoulet for 6 servings:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1/4 pound fully-cooked smoked sausage, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 (15 ounce) cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Easy and Delicious Slow Cooker Cassoulet Cooking Instructions
- Cook4h 20m
- Ready In4h 45m
To cook Easy and Delicious Slow Cooker Cassoulet, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Easy and Delicious Slow Cooker Cassoulet is about 4 hours 20 minutes , and you can serve your Easy and Delicious Slow Cooker Cassoulet within 4 hours 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Easy and Delicious Slow Cooker Cassoulet easily:
- 1 Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook bacon until crisp and brown, turning often, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels; crumble when cool. Set bacon aside.
- 2 Cook and stir onion in the same skillet until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, sausage, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, and black pepper; cook until chicken pieces are browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in tomato paste.
- 3 Transfer chicken mixture to a slow cooker and stir in crumbled turkey bacon, great Northern beans, and diced tomatoes. Cover the cooker, set on Low, and cook until cassoulet is thickened and the chicken is very tender, 4 to 5 hours. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 522 calories; 18.9 grams of fat; 52.9 grams of carbohydrates; 35.5 grams of protein; 68 milligrams of cholesterol; 641 milligrams of sodium.