Only two ingredients create a great twist on a familiar and favorite appetizer. These are best if they are heated for a while before serving, as the juice will turn into a bit of a glaze.
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 pound ground spicy pork sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 Combine pork sausage and spicy pork sausage together in a bowl using your hands. Form mixture into meatballs, about 1 tablespoon each.
- 2 Fry meatballs in a skillet over medium heat until browned and completely cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- 3 Transfer meatballs to a large bowl and add 1/2 of the orange juice concentrate; gently toss to coat, adding more if needed to completely coat.
- 4 Put meatballs in a slow cooker and add the remaining orange juice concentrate; turn on Low setting to keep warm before serving.
- Calories 202.2
- Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Fat 13.9 g
- Fiber 0.2 g
- Protein 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Sodium 555.8 mg
- Sugar 6.9 g