- Published Mar 27th
- Ready In50m
Easy Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Easy Au Gratin Potatoes for 12 servings:
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
Easy Au Gratin Potatoes Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Easy Au Gratin Potatoes, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Easy Au Gratin Potatoes is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Easy Au Gratin Potatoes within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Easy Au Gratin Potatoes easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x12 inch glass or ceramic dish with olive oil.
- 2 Layer potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Pour 1/3 of the buttermilk over the potatoes and sprinkle with 1/3 of the salt, pepper and cheese. Repeat 2 more times, ending with cheese on top.
- 3 Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until hot, bubbly and golden brown.
- This recipe calls for kosher salt, not table salt. If you would like to substitute table salt, you will need only a fraction of the salt called for; season to taste.
- Using a food processor to slice the potatoes will make it easier to achieve very thin slices. Remember, thicker slices will take longer to cook
Per Serving: 247 calories; 13.2 grams of fat; 19 grams of carbohydrates; 13.7 grams of protein; 42 milligrams of cholesterol; 2723 milligrams of sodium.