This is a fast delicious high protein breakfast packed with antioxidants. It’s very adaptable and can be made paleo friendly by omitting the flour. I hope you like it as much as I do! I top mine with organic butter and organic maple syrup or raw organic honey.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana, broken into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon dark cocoa powder, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or more as needed
- ¼ cup blueberries, or more to taste
- 1 Blend chia seeds in a blender until powdery, 3 to 5 seconds. Add banana, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and sea salt; blend, occasionally scraping sides down, until batter is smooth.
- 2 Heat a skillet over medium heat; add coconut oil. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the hot oil and sprinkle 1/2 of the blueberries onto the batter. Cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter and blueberries, using more coconut oil if needed.
- Calories 232.6
- Carbohydrate 22 g
- Cholesterol 186 mg
- Fat 13.5 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8 g
- Sodium 231.8 mg
- Sugar 9.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.