Flavorful and inexpensive flank steak! Mayo with a bit of spice makes for the perfect sauce. Goes well with roasted potatoes.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 ½ tablespoons honey
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 ½ tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 Combine soy sauce, olive oil, honey, garlic, rosemary, pepper, and salt in a resealable plastic bag. Add the steak, and turn to coat with the marinade; press out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or overnight for better flavor.
- 2 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Discard marinade.
- 3 Lightly oil the grate. Grill the flank steak for 7 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing very thinly against the grain.
- 4 Drain the chipotle peppers reserving 1 teaspoon of the adobo sauce. Finely chop the chipotle peppers. Stir together the mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, and reserved adobo sauce in a medium bowl. Serve the sauce with the steak.
- Calories 579.3
- Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 41 mg
- Fat 51.4 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Sodium 1565.7 mg
- Sugar 10.4 g