Easy to make. Reheats well. Very good, this is a favorite in our house. Total preparation time is 30 minutes!
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in boiling water until done, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- 2 Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet, cook mushrooms and onions in 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat until soft; remove from pan.
- 3 Using the same pan, melt remaining butter. Cook ground beef in melted butter until browned. Mix in flour. Stir in beef broth, and cook until slightly thickened. Add mushroom and onion mixture; stir in sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until sauce is hot, but not boiling. Serve sauce over egg noodles.
- Calories 601.9
- Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Cholesterol 148.3 mg
- Fat 37.4 g
- Fiber 1.9 g
- Protein 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Sodium 632.8 mg
- Sugar 1.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.