This breakfast dish is quick, easy and suitable for any time of the year.
- 1 pound bulk chorizo sausage
- ½ onion, chopped
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package finely shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Cook the chorizo in a skillet over medium heat until crumbled and evenly browned, about 5 minutes; drain and set aside. Cook the onion in the same skillet until soft; stir in the eggs and scramble with the onion. Mix in the tomatoes and continue to cook and stir until eggs are nearly set; remove from heat.
- 3 Spread a layer of tortilla chips into a 9x13 baking dish. Scatter the chorizo and the scrambled egg mixture over the chips. Top with jalapeno slices and cover with the cheese.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Calories 1133
- Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Cholesterol 387.3 mg
- Fat 81.5 g
- Fiber 4.9 g
- Protein 53.8 g
- Saturated Fat 32.7 g
- Sodium 2174.5 mg
- Sugar 5.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.