- Published Apr 28th
- Ready In1h 15m
Most Bulgogi recipes call for crushed pear. This is for tenderizing the meat. My boyfriend’s Korean mother says Coca-Cola® can also be used for the same purpose. This recipe uses very thin-sliced meat so tenderization isn’t necessary. Sugar is used instead.
Easy Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Easy Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef) for 6 servings:
- 1/4 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped, dark green parts separated from white and light green parts
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Korean red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut very thin using kitchen shears
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste
Easy Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Easy Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef), you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Easy Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef) is about 5 minutes , and you can serve your Easy Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef) within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Easy Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef) easily:
- 1 Combine yellow onion, white and light green parts of green onions, soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ginger, and black pepper in a bowl until marinade is well mixed. Add steak slices to marinade; cover and refrigerate, 1 hour to 1 day.
- 2 Heat a skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook and stir steak and marinade together in the hot skillet, adding honey to caramelize the steak, until steak is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Garnish bulgogi with green parts of green onions.
Per Serving: 226 calories; 10.2 grams of fat; 10.9 grams of carbohydrates; 21.4 grams of protein; 49 milligrams of cholesterol; 844 milligrams of sodium.