- Published Jul 25th
- Ready In55m
Easy ‘Charro’ Beans Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Easy ‘Charro’ Beans for 10 servings:
- 1/2 pound bacon strips
- 1/2 cup bacon drippings
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, diced
- 1/4 pound chorizo sausage, crumbled
- 5 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 whole chipotle pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, pricked with a fork
Easy ‘Charro’ Beans Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Easy ‘Charro’ Beans, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Easy ‘Charro’ Beans is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Easy ‘Charro’ Beans within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Easy ‘Charro’ Beans easily:
- 1 Fry bacon strips in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels. Reserve 1/2 cup bacon drippings.
- 2 Place drippings in a large pot, and warm over medium heat. Fry onions until light brown. Stir in ham and chorizo. Reserve 1 cup of beans, and add the rest to the pot, along with the chipotle and garlic.
- 3 Mash the reserved beans, then add to the pot. Simmer beans until thick and soupy, about 30 minutes. (If the beans become too dry, stir in water). Remove chipotle and garlic, and serve.
Per Serving: 458 calories; 25.4 grams of fat; 36.7 grams of carbohydrates; 21 grams of protein; 42 milligrams of cholesterol; 1298 milligrams of sodium.