These scones have a very light cinnamon flavor.
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ pinch baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (10 ounce) package cinnamon baking chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 Place 3/4 cup butter into the freezer for 1 hour. Cut into cubes.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 3 Combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl using a whisk. Cut in very cold cubed butter with a pastry blender or using your fingers until you get coarse crumbs.
- 4 Create a well in the flour mixture; add buttermilk and stir gently until dough is just moistened. Fold in cinnamon chips.
- 5 Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until dough is no longer sticky, 10 to 12 times, and divide in half. Pat or roll each portion gently into a 7-inch circle. Brush melted butter over circles. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon sugar. Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Separate and place scones on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 13 minutes. Serve warm.
- Calories 404.1
- Carbohydrate 49 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Fat 20.6 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Sodium 377.6 mg
- Sugar 22.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.