- Published Mar 24th
- Ready In1h
Easy Cream of Chicken Rice Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Easy Cream of Chicken Rice Soup for 12 servings:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 10 sprigs Italian flat leaf parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
Easy Cream of Chicken Rice Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Easy Cream of Chicken Rice Soup, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Easy Cream of Chicken Rice Soup is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Easy Cream of Chicken Rice Soup within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Easy Cream of Chicken Rice Soup easily:
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place chicken in the pot, season with salt and pepper, and cook 5 minutes, until juices run clear. Remove chicken, and set aside. Reduce heat to medium-low. Melt butter in the pot. Stir in onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes. Stir in flour, and cook until lightly browned.
- 2 With a piece of kitchen twine, tie together the parsley sprigs, thyme sprigs, and bay leaf. Pour stock and milk into the pot, and stir in the cooked chicken. Place herb bundle into soup. Simmer 25 minutes.
- 3 Bring the water to a boil in a separate pot, and stir in instant rice. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 4 Remove and discard herb bundle from soup. Stir in cooked rice and season with Old Bay before serving.
Per Serving: 137 calories; 5.5 grams of fat; 13.6 grams of carbohydrates; 8.2 grams of protein; 20 milligrams of cholesterol; 274 milligrams of sodium.