I used to make these all the time in California and they are so easy and fresh! You can also omit the mayonnaise and increase the red vinegar to reduce calories. All in all, these are a great main dish for any time of year! We usually serve them with fat-free refried beans topped with cilantro and goat cheese, or a cold corn salad with chopped bell pepper and onion.
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- ½ cup chopped fresh mango
- ½ cup chopped fresh pineapple
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Place cod fillets on a large sheet of aluminum foil; pour lemon juice over fish and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Fold the foil around the fish and seal to create a pouch; place pouch in a baking dish.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl until smooth. Combine cabbage, mango, pineapple, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno in large bowl. Pour dressing over vegetables and fruit; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate slaw until ready to serve.
- 5 Divide fish evenly among flour tortillas. Spoon slaw over fish to serve.
- Calories 278.5
- Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Cholesterol 27 mg
- Fat 7.2 g
- Fiber 3.4 g
- Protein 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Sodium 1308.4 mg
- Sugar 7.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.