This very rich and easy-to-make pie is a modified family recipe. It can be made with either peaches or apples.
- 1 recipe pastry for a single 9-inch pie crust
- 1 (28 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Press pie pastry into a 9-inch pie pan.
- 2 Fill prepared pie crust with peaches. Mix sugar, egg, flour, butter, and cinnamon together in a bowl; pour over peaches.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); bake until peach filling is bubbling and crust is lightly browned, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Calories 271.3
- Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Fat 8.6 g
- Fiber 2.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Sodium 133.2 mg
- Sugar 35.3 g