This is a super-easy pie recipe with a sweet bottom crust, a juicy cinnamony apple filling, and crisp streusel on top, all made out of the same dough.
- 4 large apples - peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 7 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Combine apple slices and cinnamon in a saucepan and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. If necessary, add a tiny bit of water so apples don't burn. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch springform pan with butter
- 3 Combine butter, sugar, vanilla sugar, and egg in a large bowl; beat using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add 2/3 of flour mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, to butter mixture and beat on low speed. Add remaining flour mixture and mix in by hand to make a crumbly dough.
- 4 Transfer 1/2 the dough into the prepared springform pan and press down to create a bottom crust. Add apple slices, leaving a small space around the edges. Crumble remaining dough evenly on top.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until streusel and crust are lightly browned, about 50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Carefully transfer to a serving plate or cooling rack.
- Calories 365.3
- Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Fat 16.7 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Sodium 180.3 mg
- Sugar 28.9 g