Published Jul 1st
Prep 15m Cook 2h 15m Additional 2h 30m Ready In 5h
Servings - Calories 889.6
I’m showing you my favorite way to grill ribs, which of course, is not the same as barbecued ribs. Those are cooked low and slow in a smoker and served as-is, with BBQ sauce on the side. Whereas, these are cooked first, then sliced, and then each rib is glazed with our beautiful sticky sauce on the grill.
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- 2 Mix salt, sugar, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder for dry rub together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3 Line a large sheet pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place rack of ribs on the prepared pan, bone side down. Poke all over with a sharp knife. Make shallow slits across at an angle, and then repeat the opposite way; this allows the dry rub to penetrate. Coat on both sides with rub; flip back over, ensuring the bone side is down. Wrap tightly with foil.
- 4 Transfer to the center of the preheated oven and bake for 2 hours. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until cold and firm, at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- 5 Preheat a charcoal grill until coals are very ashy and hot.
- 6 Remove from the refrigerator, unwrap, and brush off excess fat. Slice between the bones to separate each rib.
- 7 Combine ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, and cayenne with a spoon in a bowl for glaze.
- 8 Place ribs on the preheated grill and cook for 2 minutes; flip and brush over glaze. Flip and repeat process until ribs are as caramelized as you prefer, about 10 minutes more.
- 9 Remove to a plate and brush over one more application of glaze. Serve.
- Calories 889.6
- Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 255.2 mg
- Fat 59.1 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 66 g
- Saturated Fat 21 g
- Sodium 2892 mg