Crunchy hash browns make the perfect base for cheesy eggs and salty bacon. This simple breakfast pizza is a fun way to serve breakfast on a hectic holiday morning or after a kids’ sleepover. Easy to customize with your favorite toppings or cheese.
- 2 (22.5 ounce) packages frozen hash brown patties
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 10 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives, or to taste
- 1 Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- 2 Arrange 12 hash brown patties in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; it's okay if they overlap a bit. Reserve remaining patties for another use.
- 3 Cook in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- 4 Remove from the oven and use a spatula to press the edges of each hash brown together so they slightly stick together and fill the baking sheet. Return to the oven and cook until golden and crisp, about 15 more minutes.
- 5 While the hash browns are in the oven, melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring often, until very soft scrambled, 3 to 4 minutes; they will finish cooking in the oven.
- 6 Remove hash browns from the oven. Sprinkle with ¾ cup Cheddar cheese, then top evenly with scrambled eggs. Sprinkle bacon and remaining Cheddar over top. Return to the oven until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 more minutes.
- 7 Sprinkle with chives before cutting and serving.
- Calories 604.9
- Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Cholesterol 239.5 mg
- Fat 39.2 g
- Fiber 2.3 g
- Protein 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Sodium 1358.3 mg