This recipe couldn’t be easier. It’s moist, tender, and full of flavor—it tastes better than pot roast! This slow cooker dish was created as a make-ahead freezer meal, but can easily be made from start to finish at one time (see Notes). Serve on crusty Italian bread and turn leftovers into a tasty ragu sauce!
- 1 (3 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 (16 ounce) jar whole pepperoncini peppers
- 1 (.6 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Cut chuck roast into 5 pieces and place in a 1-gallon, resealable freezer bag.
- 2 Drain pepperoncinis and reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid. Add peppers to the freezer bag.
- 3 Whisk reserved liquid with Italian dressing mix and olive oil. Pour mixture over the beef and peppers. Tightly seal the bag and mix the contents until well combined. Lay flat in the freezer and freeze for up to one month.
- 4 When ready to cook, remove bag from the freezer and allow contents to partially thaw until they can be broken apart, about 1 hour.
- 5 Empty bag into a slow cooker. Cook until meat is tender and shreds easily with a fork, on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 6 hours.
- 6 Remove meat and shred with a fork. Return meat to the pot and serve immediately.
- Calories 479.7
- Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 122.7 mg
- Fat 37.9 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Sodium 1636.6 mg