Creamy, slightly sweet, and a great low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes. The broth infuses the mashed rutabaga with wonderful flavor.
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth, or as needed
- ¼ cup evaporated milk, or as needed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Place rutabaga in a medium pot and add enough chicken broth to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and cook until tender, about 40 minutes.
- 2 Transfer rutabaga to a colander and drain well. Place into a deep bowl; add evaporated milk and butter a little at a time until desired consistency is reached. Use an electric hand blender to get a creamy, non-fibrous texture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 120.4
- Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Fat 7.1 g
- Fiber 3.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Sodium 685.4 mg
- Sugar 8.9 g