This is a recipe that you can throw together in 10 minutes and then go and do whatever you want for 1 hour. It is not the thickest sauce, but it is delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ¼ pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 splash red wine
- 1 Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute onion in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Season onion with Italian seasoning; continue to saute until the herbs are fragrant, about 3 minutes more.
- 2 Break beef into small pieces and add to the skillet; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3 Stir tomato sauce and diced tomatoes into the beef mixture; season with salt, place a lid on the skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer for 1 hour.
- 4 Splash wine over the mixture, stir, and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Calories 286
- Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Fat 14.1 g
- Fiber 4.4 g
- Protein 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Sodium 1553.1 mg
- Sugar 10.7 g