- Published Jan 16th
- Ready In3h 25m
Easy Nanaimo Bars Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Easy Nanaimo Bars for 16 servings:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes instant hot chocolate mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 (1 ounce) squares milk chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
Easy Nanaimo Bars Cooking Instructions
- Ready In3h 25m
To cook Easy Nanaimo Bars, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The following are the steps to cook Easy Nanaimo Bars easily:
- 1 Grease a 9x9-inch square pan. Melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat, and stir in cocoa mix, vanilla extract, and egg. Whisk together until the mixture thickens, about 1 minute (do not boil); remove from heat and stir in graham cracker crumbs, 1 cup coconut, and walnuts. Mix well, and press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Chill the crust for about 1 hour.
- 2 Place the cream cheese into a mixing bowl, and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the milk, vanilla pudding mix, and confectioners' sugar to make a spreadable, creamy mixture. If mixture is too stiff to spread easily, add more milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time. Spread the filling in an even layer over the crust, and return to refrigerator. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- 3 Melt milk chocolate and 1 tablespoon of butter in a saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Spread the topping evenly over the vanilla layer, and refrigerate about 1/2 hour, until the topping is firm but not hard. Cut into bars, then return to refrigerator to finish chilling, at least 1/2 hour more. Serve cold.
Per Serving: 285 calories; 15.1 grams of fat; 35.6 grams of carbohydrates; 3.1 grams of protein; 35 milligrams of cholesterol; 188 milligrams of sodium.