I first fell in love with persimmons when I visited Korea. When the fresh fruit isn’t available, I use frozen persimmons. It’s a nice break from the other jams. Enjoy with crusty bread!
- 12 ounces persimmon flesh, cut into small chunks
- 5 ounces white sugar
- 3 ounces persimmon skin, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ ounce lemon zest, finely sliced
- 1 Combine persimmon flesh, sugar, persimmon skin, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small pot over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until persimmon flesh softens and jam thickens, about 10 minutes.
- 2 Cool jam until set, about 30 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Calories 68.7
- Carbohydrate 18 g
- Fat 0.1 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 0.2 g
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Sugar 8.8 g