An easy-to-decorate, and festive cupcake that’s great for any occasion! You can use any cupcake recipe you wish (I’ve used both the Cranberry Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting—minus the white chocolate frosting—and Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes from Allrecipes with great results). Simply whip up some cream cheese frosting, add some coconut and decorations—and you’ve got adorable, tasty treats bound to make anyone smile!
- 18 each unfrosted cupcakes, cooled
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 42 each miniature marshmallows
- 44 black sugar pearl sprinkles, or as needed
- 1 Place butter in a large bowl and cream until smooth with an electric mixer. Add cream cheese and beat until thoroughly combined. Mix in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla and salt until thoroughly combined. Pour in heavy cream and beat until frosting is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 2 Take 1 baked and cooled cupcake and frost with cream cheese frosting, making as even a layer as possible. Sprinkle coconut over the top of the frosting, and shake off any excess.
- 3 Take 1 mini marshmallow and cut it in half horizontally using scissors or kitchen shears. Place one half of the marshmallow cut-side down in the center of the top of the cupcake, and press gently into the frosting to adhere. Take 1 black sugar pearl sprinkle and attach to the middle of the marshmallow half using a small amount of frosting; thus creating the nose and muzzle. Take 2 black sugar pearl sprinkles and place above the nose on each side for the eyes. Press gently into frosting to adhere. Take 2 whole mini marshmallows and place at the top of the cupcake on each side to create ears. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
- Calories 342
- Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.7 mg
- Fat 18.8 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Sodium 183.5 mg