- Published Nov 30th
- Ready In45m
Easy Quinoa Salad Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Easy Quinoa Salad for 6 servings:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup rinsed canned chickpeas
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Easy Quinoa Salad Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Easy Quinoa Salad, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Easy Quinoa Salad is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Easy Quinoa Salad within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Easy Quinoa Salad easily:
- 1 Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2 Combine chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, and parsley in a large bowl. Stir in cooled quinoa.
- 3 Mix lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, mint, salt, and pepper together in a separate small bowl. Pour over quinoa mixture; toss to combine.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can make this salad with lentils, barley, or rice instead of quinoa.
- Speed cooling time by refrigerating quinoa after cooking, or make it the day before and refrigerate until needed.
Per Serving: 163 calories; 6 grams of fat; 23.3 grams of carbohydrates; 5.2 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 326 milligrams of sodium.