Mushrooms baked with sour cream and cheese is one of our family favorites. This delicious vegetarian dish can be served alongside a salad as a complete meal.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 7 cups quartered button mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2 Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Increase heat to high and add mushrooms. Cook and stir until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Do not cook so long so that they begin to release a lot of liquid. Add sour cream, mix well, and transfer mixture to a casserole dish.
- 3 Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a second skillet over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, 4 to 6 minutes. Distribute onions over mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Gouda cheese.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted and is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Calories 414.9
- Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Fat 36.4 g
- Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Sodium 383.6 mg
- Sugar 4.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.