An easy version of seafood alfredo. I like to serve this with black (squid ink) pasta for a dramatic presentation, but it can be made with normal pasta as well.
- 16 ounces uncooked black squid ink pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 slice fat-free American cheese, torn into pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (8 ounce) packages imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- 2 Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the garlic 1 minute. Pour in the chicken broth and half-and-half. Cook and stir until heated through.
- 3 Mix the Parmesan cheese and American cheese into the skillet. Cook and stir until American cheese is melted. Season the mixture with basil, parsley, and pepper. Mix in the imitation crabmeat, and continue cooking until heated through. Serve over the cooked pasta.
- Calories 314.3
- Carbohydrate 54 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Fat 4.1 g
- Fiber 2.2 g
- Protein 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Sodium 620.6 mg
- Sugar 6.8 g