This steamed chicken is very delicious, and is popular in Southeast Asian countries… normally served with chicken rice. We love it so much. It is very easy to make.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 Place chicken and salt in a bowl. Evenly rub salt into chicken. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2 Rinse chicken and place in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over water. Bring water to a boil, and steam chicken until juices run clear, about 30 minutes.
- 3 Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until tender. Mix in garlic, and cook about 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil, and remove from heat. Scoop over the chicken to serve. Garnish with cilantro.
- Calories 408.1
- Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Fat 29.7 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Sodium 1381.6 mg
- Sugar 3.1 g