Try this savory, Southwestern-style family recipe for a quick, simple, all-in-one tamale pie.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter an 8-inch baking or casserole dish.
- 2 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef and onion in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in corn, tomatoes, oil, chili powder, and cumin. Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- 3 Combine milk, cornmeal, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in meat mixture. Mix in olives. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until golden and set, 50 to 60 minutes; mixture should not be mushy.
- Calories 367.1
- Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Fat 22.2 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6 g
- Sodium 656.6 mg
- Sugar 6.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.