- Published May 16th
- Ready In55m
Easy Vegetarian Red Beans Lasagna Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Easy Vegetarian Red Beans Lasagna for 4 servings:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese
Easy Vegetarian Red Beans Lasagna Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Easy Vegetarian Red Beans Lasagna, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Easy Vegetarian Red Beans Lasagna is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Easy Vegetarian Red Beans Lasagna within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Easy Vegetarian Red Beans Lasagna easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender. Mix in garlic, and cook until heated through. Mix in red beans, tomatoes, and red bell pepper. Season with basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and gradually mix in flour until smooth. Slowly stir in the milk. Mix in Parmesan cheese, and continue to cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- 4 Spread 1/2 the red bean mixture in a 9x9 inch casserole dish, and top with 2 lasagna noodles. Layer with remaining bean mixture and remaining noodles. Cover with the sauce, and top with Gruyere cheese.
- 5 Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
Per Serving: 496 calories; 27 grams of fat; 39.9 grams of carbohydrates; 23.9 grams of protein; 71 milligrams of cholesterol; 800 milligrams of sodium.