- Published Jan 1st
- Ready In37m
Moist and easy. I like to wrap cooled muffins in plastic wrap and freeze to pop into lunch boxes.
Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins for 12 servings:
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins Cooking Instructions
- Ready In37m
To cook Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins is about 22 minutes , and you can serve your Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins within 37 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- 2 Mash bananas and sugar together in a bowl; add egg and vanilla extract and mix well. Stir whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl; stir into banana mixture just until batter is mixed. Stir oil into batter and fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 26 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Variations: replace cranberries with fresh or frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 3/4 cup raisins, etc.
- Brown sugar can be used in place of the white sugar. All-purpose flour can be used in place of the whole wheat.
- This can also be baked in a loaf pan for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 151 calories; 3.1 grams of fat; 29.9 grams of carbohydrates; 2.9 grams of protein; 16 milligrams of cholesterol; 166 milligrams of sodium.