- Published Jan 1st
- Ready In37m
Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins for 12 servings:
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins Cooking Instructions
- Ready In37m
To cook Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins is about 22 minutes , and you can serve your Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins within 37 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Edna’s Banana Cranberry Muffins easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- 2 Mash bananas and sugar together in a bowl; add egg and vanilla extract and mix well. Stir whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl; stir into banana mixture just until batter is mixed. Stir oil into batter and fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 26 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Variations: replace cranberries with fresh or frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 3/4 cup raisins, etc.
- Brown sugar can be used in place of the white sugar. All-purpose flour can be used in place of the whole wheat.
- This can also be baked in a loaf pan for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 151 calories; 3.1 grams of fat; 29.9 grams of carbohydrates; 2.9 grams of protein; 16 milligrams of cholesterol; 166 milligrams of sodium.