What to do with some Christmas party leftovers. Cooking times are approximate, so keep an eye on it. This recipe was created after party leftovers yielded a pan of homemade rolls and over a gallon of leftover store-bought eggnog. It made a lovely breakfast paired with a vegetarian sausage.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread, or as needed to fill a 9x12-inch baking dish
- 2 apples - peeled, cored, and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups eggnog
- 4 eggs
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Generously grease a 9x12-inch baking dish with butter.
- 2 Spread bread into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle apple pieces evenly over the bread pieces.
- 3 Beat eggnog and eggs together in a bowl; pour over the bread and apples. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, remove aluminum foil, and continue baking until browned and somewhat set in the middle, about 10 minutes more.
- Calories 203.4
- Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 125.5 mg
- Fat 10.5 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Sodium 181.1 mg
- Sugar 10 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.