Combining two of the holiday season’s best flavors, this dessert is easy to make and a crowd pleaser! If you are feeling fancy, you can pipe your top layer of whipped cream on the trifle. Since I normally travel with this dessert and put a lid on it, I just spread a nice thick layer on top and then sprinkle with some chopped dried cranberries and crumbled gingerbread cookies.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package gingerbread cake mix
- 3 cups eggnog
- 1 (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1 Prepare gingerbread cake mix and bake according to package directions (any size pan). Cool completely.
- 2 Place the pudding mix in a large bowl. Pour in the eggnog and whisk for about 2 minutes. Refrigerate pudding until the gingerbread cake is cool and you are ready to assemble the trifle.
- 3 In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in sugar and vanilla until peaks form.
- 4 Crumble 1/2 of the gingerbread into the bottom of a trifle bowl or a large glass bowl. Spread 1/2 of the eggnog pudding over the gingerbread, then spread 1/2 of the whipped cream on top of the pudding. Repeat the layers with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped cream. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Sprinkle the top with the cranberries and cookie crumbs before serving.
- Calories 268.9
- Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Fat 14.7 g
- Fiber 0.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Sodium 270.3 mg
- Sugar 12.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.