- Published Jul 6th
- Ready In8h 50m
Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle for 20 servings:
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package gingerbread cake mix
- 3 cups eggnog
- 1 (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons gingersnap cookie crumbs (optional)
Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle Cooking Instructions
- Ready In8h 50m
To cook Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle within 8 hours 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle easily:
- 1 Prepare gingerbread cake mix and bake according to package directions (any size pan). Cool completely.
- 2 Place the pudding mix in a large bowl. Pour in the eggnog and whisk for about 2 minutes. Refrigerate pudding until the gingerbread cake is cool and you are ready to assemble the trifle.
- 3 In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in sugar and vanilla until peaks form.
- 4 Crumble 1/2 of the gingerbread into the bottom of a trifle bowl or a large glass bowl. Spread 1/2 of the eggnog pudding over the gingerbread, then spread 1/2 of the whipped cream on top of the pudding. Repeat the layers with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped cream. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Sprinkle the top with the cranberries and cookie crumbs before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use already made whipped cream, but I prefer to flavor my whipped cream myself. You can substitute bourbon for the vanilla extract in the whipped cream if you like.
- If you use low-fat eggnog for the pudding, your pudding will be loose.
Per Serving: 269 calories; 14.7 grams of fat; 32.1 grams of carbohydrates; 2.9 grams of protein; 55 milligrams of cholesterol; 270 milligrams of sodium.