- Published Aug 29th
- Ready In35m
Eggplant Croquettes Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Eggplant Croquettes for 6 servings:
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Eggplant Croquettes Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Eggplant Croquettes, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Eggplant Croquettes is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Eggplant Croquettes within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Eggplant Croquettes easily:
- 1 Place eggplant in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on medium-high 3 minutes. Turn eggplant over and microwave another 2 minutes. The eggplant should be tender, cook another 2 minutes if the eggplants are not tender. Drain any liquid from the eggplants and mash.
- 2 Combine cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, parsley, onion, garlic and salt with the mashed eggplant. Mix well.
- 3 Shape the eggplant mixture into patties. Heat oil in a large skillet. Drop eggplant patties one at a time into skillet. Fry each side of the patties until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes on each side. Patties can be frozen before frying and cooked later.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 266 calories; 14.4 grams of fat; 23.6 grams of carbohydrates; 12.4 grams of protein; 86 milligrams of cholesterol; 911 milligrams of sodium.