This casserole is an old family favorite, easy to prepare and very popular at family gatherings.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 (4 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers
- 6 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 2 In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and drain. Stir in instant minced onion, garlic salt, tomato sauce and olives.
- 3 In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, ricotta cheese and green chiles.
- 4 Reserve a few chips to use as garnish and crush the remainder. Put half of the crushed chips in the prepared casserole dish and cover with half of the meat mixture. Cover the meat mixture with half of the sour cream mixture, then add half of the Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat layers.
- 5 Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes. Garnish with reserved whole tortilla chips.
- Calories 434.2
- Carbohydrate 22 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Fat 30.4 g
- Fiber 3.1 g
- Protein 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Sodium 1342.3 mg
- Sugar 4.1 g