This is one of the standout cocktails served at the Barrio restaurant in Seattle. It’s probably the best non-whiskey cocktail I’ve ever had. Choose a good quality, smoky mezcal.
- 1 fluid ounce bitter orange aperitif (such as Campari®)
- 1 fluid ounce mezcal
- ½ fluid ounce Amaro liqueur
- ½ fluid ounce dry vermouth
- 3 dashes chocolate or mole bitters (such as Bittermens® or Fee Brothers®)
- ½ teaspoon single malt Scotch whiskey
- 1 lemon zest, for garnish
- 1 Place ice cubes into a cocktail shaker. Pour in Campari, mezcal, Amaro, and vermouth. Shake in a few dashes of bitters. Stir or shake well and strain into a cocktail glass. Drizzle with a few drops of peaty, smoky Scotch. Twist the lemon rind over the drink and drop it in.
- Calories 112.7
- Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Fiber 0.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g
- Sodium 7 mg
- Sugar 3.2 g