- Published Feb 1st
- Ready In40m
Enchilada Sauce “Salsa Negra” Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Enchilada Sauce “Salsa Negra” for 4 servings:
- 3 dried negro (pasilla) chile peppers, stemmed and seeded
- ¾ pound fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- ¼ white onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- water to cover
- ¾ pound Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon granules, or to taste
Enchilada Sauce “Salsa Negra” Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Enchilada Sauce “Salsa Negra”, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Enchilada Sauce “Salsa Negra” is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Enchilada Sauce “Salsa Negra” within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Enchilada Sauce “Salsa Negra” easily:
- 1 Place chile peppers in the bottom of a small saucepan. Add tomatillos, onion, and garlic. Pour in enough water to almost cover tomatillos. Arrange tomatoes over tomatillos.
- 2 Cover saucepan and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let cool, about 10 minutes.
- 3 Pour off most of the water and transfer mixture to a blender; puree until smooth. Season with chicken bouillon to taste.
Per Serving: 16 calories; 3 g of carbohydrate; 0 mg of cholesterol; 0.5 g of fat; 1 g of fiber; 0.6 g of protein; 0 g of saturatedFat; 15 mg of sodium; 1 g of sugar;