This is an old Spanish recipe for zesty marinated vegetables that can be prepared with fish, poultry, or even with sliced up cooked green bananas. I like it best with chicken gizzards.
- 2 pounds chicken gizzards
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium head garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup corn oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- ½ cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- salt to taste
- 1 Place chicken gizzards in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover. Simmer over low heat until tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- 2 While gizzards are simmering, mix together onion, bell pepper, garlic, vinegar, oil, bay leaves, olives, and peppercorns in a large bowl. When ready, drain gizzards and mix into bowl. Season with salt to taste and marinate at least an hour in refrigerator.
- Calories 753.2
- Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 472.4 mg
- Fat 61.8 g
- Fiber 2.6 g
- Protein 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Sodium 665.7 mg
- Sugar 2.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.