I adapted a few recipes I found on the web to make one that we like.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 cup diced fresh figs
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly sprinkle flour over paper.
- 2 Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk oil and egg together in a separate bowl until smooth; add honey and mix well. Mix oil mixture into flour mixture just until batter is moistened. Sprinkle sugar over figs in a bowl and toss to coat; fold into batter.
- 3 Transfer batter to the middle of the prepared baking sheet and form into a 7-inch circle.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Score the batter into 8 sections and continue baking until scones are cooked through and lightly browned on top, about 20 minutes more. Cut into 8 scones and slide every other scone back from the circle to allow cooling.
- Calories 202.9
- Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Fat 8.1 g
- Fiber 2.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Sodium 275.9 mg
- Sugar 18.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.