Very simple but delicious dessert – not too sweet, but satisfies one’s chocolate needs. Can be served immediately or cooled for at least 1 hour and reheated at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream (such as Breyer’s®).
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (such as Nestle® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 6 glass custard cups; place cups on a baking sheet.
- 2 Beat egg whites and sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3 Heat chocolate chips and butter in a pot over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add in 1 egg yolk at time, stirring continuously. Add water and flour, stirring continuously. Fold in the beaten egg whites until just combined. Fill each custard cup about 2/3 full with batter.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until cakes rise slightly over the top of the cups and cracks form on their surface, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Calories 424.7
- Carbohydrate 34 g
- Cholesterol 123.5 mg
- Fat 32 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Sodium 36.6 mg
- Sugar 29.8 g