These latkes are perfect for any Jewish holiday or literally any other day!
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil for frying, or as needed
- 1 Place potatoes in salted water and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- 2 Grate potatoes on a medium or fine setting. Press out liquid; this should produce about 4 cups grated potato.
- 3 Place grated potato in a bowl and stir in flour, onion, salt, and pepper. Fold in eggs.
- 4 Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 5 Heat enough oil in a deep pan to reach 1/4 inch up the sides. Heat over medium-high heat until a drop of batter sizzles. Lower heat to medium.
- 6 Working in batches, drop batter into the hot oil in desired size and flatten into pancakes; brown on both sides, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to the prepared pans and keep warm in the preheated oven while you fry remaining batter.
- Calories 113.9
- Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 62 mg
- Fat 3.6 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Sodium 319.5 mg
- Sugar 0.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.